This year at Over the Air in Bletchley Park, Katrina and I set up a Product Doctor Drop in Surgery offering 25 minute complimentary sessions. On a scorching couple of days, we set up outside and were happy to have a continual stream of patients, including the wonderful @Documentally and @Bookmeister.
Listening carefully, as we always preach, we are considering next year calling it “Product Therapy” as the sessions seemed to have a cathartic effect!
Rather than blogging a long post, here are the contents and the full paper is available for download below.
- It is never too early (or too late) to engage end users
- What do you show users?
- How to find your end users
- Can you have the conversation with end users?
- How to begin the conversation
- Write a test script
- “I can’t explain what my product does”
- Showing a prototype
- Testing for usability
- Keep checking back with users as you develop and improve each new feature
- Build and test your product before developing your brand
- Be honest with yourself as to why you are developing the App