There are a number of ways that I can help you put your idea to the test: There are physical and online live workshops; you may like a 1 hour one-to-one session or you may prefer to have me run your idea test for you. Later this year / early next year you will also be able to read my book which is being published by Pearson.
The next public workshop is 20th – 22nd July 2020 online. You can read more about it here.
If you are interested in organising a private workshop or anything else, please contact me so we can talk about what you are looking for.
Now, for more about workshops:
Workshops can be delivered online and/or physical… but always face to face, with me, in person.
- They are highly interactive and kept lively with short bursts of instruction, group discussions, team working & opportunities for feedback.
- Participants are encouraged to bring real life, current challenges and ideas to the sessions so that our spent time together is as fruitful and practical as possible.
- All participants get their own set of templates to work their idea through the 7 steps as they progress through the workshop. This makes it super practical for them as well as making it easy for me to give instant live feedback.
By the end of the full workshop participants who want to progress their particular ideas will be ready to test them out, armed with:
- a plan of who to arrange to speak with and how you are going to find them
- a full research script that responds to those nagging doubts and risky assumptions
- the confidence to put rehearsed interview techniques into practise.
Private Workshops for Teams
Due to their particular complexities, idiosyncrasies and environments, there is a pre-workshop stage when working with many businesses and organisations which serves two purposes: (1) for Product Doctor to understand their particular situations and (2) to help participants get focused and prepared so they can hit the ground running at the workshop.
Some clients choose to focus on particular steps rather than the full set and may also have additional requirements for product coaching.
I am so grateful to now have a structure I can work with for new ideas that the rest of the team can also adoptHead of Product, FTSE 100
Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Business Awareness Workshops for Universities
When workshops are run for postgrads and undergrads, our prep work includes establishing real life ideas that can be worked on. These can come from participants, from other parts of the university and also from any chosen businesses. These are often businesses who are working with the university, supporting outreach and networking initiatives.
Often, universities choose to also take an additional module on building a sustainable repeatable business model working with Strategyser’s Business Model Canvas (BMC). By completing The Really Good Idea Test, they will have covered the first two sections of the BMC.
Participants will leave the workshop having had:
- exposure to and a chance to practise a commercial way of thinking
- a structured approach that can be used to turn ideas into a viable business proposition
- the opportunity to collaborate with a team and present to the broader group
These sessions have helped me understand how to achieve economic impact of the technology I have developed, by introducing me to a structured, practical way of thinking. With lots of real world examples, overall it was brilliant!…”SepNET Physics PhD, 2016
Workshops for Startups
Many startups and scale-ups on accelerator and incubator programs have a feeling that they have moved beyond testing out their idea as they are mostly developing solutions. However, when asked, so many are unable to give solid evidence of a customer and/or user need, problem or desire. They are working with some dangerous and risky assumptions which are better to test now, rather than once even more money has been spent on solutions and the launch.
I learnt that I need to ask the right questions to really understand my marketStartup from UCL’s Accelerator programme, 2017
If you don’t fit in above, please get in touch as you might want to find some other people & have your own private workshop or join one of my public workshops.